Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hi family, I guess Cassie is not the only one who is behind in reading, but, I will be caught up by the end of the week. Nephi is one of my hero's. In chapter 17 when Nephi is filled with the Spirit, "even unto the consuming of my flesh". I would like to aspire to that level of righteousness. I wonder and have often wondered what Joseph thought when he translated this and the many other times when Prophets stood and rebuked by the power of the Spirit or threw down the walls of prisons. And later when he was being falsely encarcerated and held prisoner in Liberty jail, did he remember those episodes in the Book of Mormon and ask the Lord why can't I do that? I wonder if in section 121 of the D&C if part of his pleading (that was not written) was to allow him to use his ordained power as a bearer of the Melchezedic priesthood to through down the walls of the prison as Alma did in Alma 14:26-27. It must have been somewhat frustrating to know that he had the power but the Lord was staying his hand. Nephi's hand, however, was not stayed. A number of times he was used to show forth the power of God. The time will come and in the not too distant future where we may be in similar situations. I hope we will be worthy of the Lord allowing us to use His power is a similar manner, but I also wonder if our hands will be stayed as Josephs.

No comments:

Post a Comment